Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I find a video to understand how to use iPhoto?

First, I am wondering where I find a video to understand how to use iPhoto?

My question: I am wondering how to use My albums. I seem to have the following in iPhoto:

Albums

-> Media Type (this makes sense)

-> My Albums

->iPhoto events (Question in here)

-> Projects (this makes sense)

My question is inside "My albums" I have iPhoto events, and I have 1800 albums in there. I am not sure how I have done that, but can I delete them? Can I delete all of my albums and do ALL the photos all stay in the very top section called Library -Photos?

Thanks.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 8:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 8:56 AM

Yous sure this question is about iPhoto? This:

My question is inside "My albums" I have iPhoto events,

sounds more like Photos, the app that replaced iPhoto. Can you confirm?

As a general rule, albums in both apps work the same: they are ad hoc groupings of images based now whatever criteria you prefer.

Albums reference images in the Library. Deleting images from an album, do not remove them from the Library.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2020 8:56 AM in response to tlb1974

Yous sure this question is about iPhoto? This:

My question is inside "My albums" I have iPhoto events,

sounds more like Photos, the app that replaced iPhoto. Can you confirm?

As a general rule, albums in both apps work the same: they are ad hoc groupings of images based now whatever criteria you prefer.

Albums reference images in the Library. Deleting images from an album, do not remove them from the Library.

Jan 19, 2020 10:51 PM in response to tlb1974

The folder "iPhoto events" is, how the events from your iPhoto library have been saved, as albums. It is the only place, where you can find the names of the events you created in iPhoto or the projects you created in Aperture.

To delete a folder with albums inside, ctrl-click or right-click the folder in the sidebar, then select the command "delete Folder". The folder and all albums inside will be deleted, but the photos will remain in the library. This will get rid of all albums at once.

As to the videos, there are a few tutorial videos provided by Apple Support on Youtube. You may want to search this site for "Photos": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYFQ33UIPERYx8-ZHucZbDA/videos

Where can I find a video to understand how to use iPhoto?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.