Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to upload videos from Mac to iCloud?

So I have a year long period (mid 2016-17) during which auto uploading to iCloud must have been turned off or something and I have a bunch of photos and videos from that period that I want to upload to iCloud. The photos, no problem. I upload them from my Mac Mini (2019, Catalina, most recent update) to iCloud, but videos are not possible as you get a "only JPG can be uploaded" type error message.

I have scoured the interwebs to see if there is a solution, but I just haven't found anything. Is there any possible solution? I am so aggravated by yet another simple feature that Apple doesn't give us that leads to so much headache. If anyone knows a solution I would appreciate it!

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 12:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 2:42 PM

Why not import them to your local Photos library and let iCloud sync them? They are going to end up there anyway if you are syncing your local library to iCloud..

It's possible Chrome does not support video files for uploading. Browsers can be quirky that way.

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 19, 2020 2:38 PM in response to LACAllen

Thanks for your reply. I am uploading them to iCloud Photos from my Mac Mini using Chrome browser (haven’t thought of trying Safari until now) by either dragging and dropping the files or by using the add file (not sure what it’s called) function, but either way it only allows jpg files to be uploaded, and not .mov or any other files.

How to upload videos from Mac to iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.