.mov videos not uploading to iCloud Photos

I cannot upload my .mov videos currently residing in my MacBook Pro as part of "Photos" to iCloud Photos. Any news on whether or not iCloud Photos support this file format? Why would they be supported on Photos and not iCloud Photos...(basically, the videos do not get sync'ed??). I could upload them to iCloud Drive, but they do not become part of my iCloud Photos, which is what I need. Is there any work around?

Mari’s MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 21, 2023 7:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2023 9:43 PM

Your photos and videos are stored in iCloud in their original formats at full resolution. This includes HEIF, JPEG, RAW, PNG, GIF, TIFF, HEVC, and MP4 as well as special formats you capture with your iPhone or iPad, like slo-mo, time-lapse, 4K videos, and Live Photos. The photos and videos you capture with these devices are in HEIF and HEVC format. Depending on your internet speed, the time it takes for you to see your photos and videos on all of your devices and iCloud.com might vary.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2023 9:43 PM in response to Red_Fish

Your photos and videos are stored in iCloud in their original formats at full resolution. This includes HEIF, JPEG, RAW, PNG, GIF, TIFF, HEVC, and MP4 as well as special formats you capture with your iPhone or iPad, like slo-mo, time-lapse, 4K videos, and Live Photos. The photos and videos you capture with these devices are in HEIF and HEVC format. Depending on your internet speed, the time it takes for you to see your photos and videos on all of your devices and iCloud.com might vary.

.mov videos not uploading to iCloud Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.