Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I upload videos from my mac to icloud.com/photos?

I previously downloaded some videos from icloud.com to mac, then deleted and I wanted to upload them again to icloud.com/photos but says that I can only upload .jpg format, am I doing something wrong?

Mac Pro, macOS 10.12

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 9:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 10:34 PM

The upload button does not allow me either to import any video I select, but I could successfully add some videos to my Photos Library on www.icloud.com by sending an iCloud Link to a folder with videos from my iPhone. The iCloud Link appeared in Photos at www.icloud.com and I could add them from there to the library. This helps, when we have two different AppleIDs and want to move videos between two different iCloud Photo Libraries.

What is confusing, however, even after adding two videos, the Media Types section in the sidebar is still not showing an item videos. I have to find them in All Photos.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2022 10:34 PM in response to Jackie_mo_

The upload button does not allow me either to import any video I select, but I could successfully add some videos to my Photos Library on www.icloud.com by sending an iCloud Link to a folder with videos from my iPhone. The iCloud Link appeared in Photos at www.icloud.com and I could add them from there to the library. This helps, when we have two different AppleIDs and want to move videos between two different iCloud Photo Libraries.

What is confusing, however, even after adding two videos, the Media Types section in the sidebar is still not showing an item videos. I have to find them in All Photos.

Can I upload videos from my mac to icloud.com/photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.