Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I search Apple communities by date/forum

Every time I try to search Apple communities I get posts from 8+ years ago and/or completely irrelevant forums. Surely there's a way to search just recent posts from a particular forum?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.12

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 6:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 6:49 PM

https://discussions.apple.com/search?page=1&q=Apple&content=filterDiscussions&time=week&community=2043020

Use the above link as sample. You can click filter on the search results page and restrict by time and community.

-AJ

10 replies

Jan 19, 2020 6:54 PM in response to wizofaus2

agreed. however, ANY company that attempts to do a BETTER job at searching than Google will not succeed - Google is too good at it and always has been

This site used to run on JiveSoftware. It had its own database & search engine FOR it for content that requires occasional "indexing" to maintain performance. Apple abandoned Jive for a "homegrown" siteware Dec 2019 - the place will likely never be the same in any respect

ADD the path TO the forum of choice to the google SITE search

• " search terms site:discussions.apple.com/community/iphone/using_iphone "
  • " search terms site:discussions.apple.com/community/notebooks/powerbook
  • etc

Jan 20, 2020 4:20 PM in response to ChitlinsCC

Nope, that doesn't work, unless the search term happens to be in the article title when Google indexed it. Anyway there is a filter built-in to this site and it does work, I just totally missed it (and its default behaviour isn't entirely expected).

Next question, what is the deal with the ridiculous posting limits that I've apparently exceeded - I've posted maybe 1 question and 4 or 5 comments in the last 15 minutes??

Jan 20, 2020 8:41 PM in response to ChitlinsCC

Heard the same thing about other search engines of the past prior to Google. Their problem was they depended too much on ads and never learned to monetize the search engine uses and play fast and loose with their privacy policies like Google has. I will agree Google is better and the search but I'll stick to DuckDuckGo as it meets my needs and I stay private.

How do I search Apple communities by date/forum

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.