Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email Folders

It seems I can no longer move emails from my inbox to a folder using the mail app on my phone. Is this due to the latest update? I have another phone I haven’t updated yet that still has that option...

iPhone SE

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 7:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 7:43 PM

Exactly where are you trying to move from? If you are in the email message in the Inbox, then go to the left facing arrow at the bottom right of the mail. From there, a menu opens, Move Message is a selection. If you are in the Inbox list, then tap on Edit in the Upper right corner, select the mail in question. Once there is a blue dot by it, select Move, and select the folder you wish to move to.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2020 7:43 PM in response to EmailFolders

Exactly where are you trying to move from? If you are in the email message in the Inbox, then go to the left facing arrow at the bottom right of the mail. From there, a menu opens, Move Message is a selection. If you are in the Inbox list, then tap on Edit in the Upper right corner, select the mail in question. Once there is a blue dot by it, select Move, and select the folder you wish to move to.

Email Folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.