Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked out of Screen Time on child's iPhone and can't change passcode

I just set up Screen Time on my son's Iphone 8. I set up a passcode and entered my apple ID and password when prompted as security in case I ever forgot the passcode. Well, I must not have entered the numbers I thought I did because I get an incorrect passcode message when I try to change the Screen Time settings. So I clicked on "forgot passcode" and entered my apple ID and apple ID password. But instead of letting me reset it, it keeps on counting the failed attempts and telling me I can't log in again for 60 minutes. How can I reset the passcode using the apple ID? That's why it's there as a backup feature, right??

Posted on Jan 20, 2020 7:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2020 7:20 AM

You can’t reset the screen time passcode. The only option is to set up the phone as new. Follow these instructions—>If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

Do not restore a backup, as it will restore the screen time passcode.

Similar questions

1 reply

Locked out of Screen Time on child's iPhone and can't change passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.