Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Download macOS from App Store

I downloaded macOS High Sierra Installer (full) from App Store, but it claimed it was not a valid Installer when I tried to make a bootable USB drive. Now the App Store download page only offers Open option in menu, but does not offer Download option.

iMac, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jan 20, 2020 9:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2020 7:44 AM

Hello chg5000,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand from the information you provided that you’re having trouble creating a USB installer for High Sierra; I'd like to help.

The following support article provides the link to download High Sierra:

How to upgrade to macOS High Sierra - Apple Support

If you need the instructions for how to create the installer, this link will help:

How to create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

Best Regards.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2020 7:44 AM in response to chg5000

Hello chg5000,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand from the information you provided that you’re having trouble creating a USB installer for High Sierra; I'd like to help.

The following support article provides the link to download High Sierra:

How to upgrade to macOS High Sierra - Apple Support

If you need the instructions for how to create the installer, this link will help:

How to create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

Best Regards.

Jan 23, 2020 10:33 AM in response to macjack

Thank you for your reply.

I had downloaded the installer, to the point at which it opened, (& I could Quit it), but it turns out it had not completely downloaded, as it was both smaller that it should be, and the associated .download file was still present, and indicated not fully downloaded.

So my question is: If the download is faulty, how do you download it again?

Cannot Download macOS from App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.