Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.8.2.3 on High Sierra

Running a late 2009 iMac with High Sierra 10.13.6, iTunes 12.8.2.3, and iOS 13.3 on my iPhone 8+. iTunes will not recognize my iPhone, doesn't even bring up the icon or give me an error message. System report shows that the phone is connected via USB and working fine. How do I access my stored information through iTunes?

iMac 27", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 20, 2020 10:54 AM

1 reply

Jan 23, 2020 10:13 AM in response to avalon2kp

Howdy avalon2kp,

It’s great to have you in the Apple Support Communities! I gather that you’re having issues connecting your iPhone 8 Plus to iTunes on your Mac. I’m happy to provide some info about this.

In order to connect your iPhone running iOS 13.3, you’ll need to run the latest version of iTunes. The latest version of iTunes requires macOS Mojave 10.14. To install that version of macOS, you’ll need one of these Mac computer models: 

"-MacBook introduced in 2015 or later

-MacBook Air introduced in 2012 or later

-MacBook Pro introduced in 2012 or later

-Mac mini introduced in 2012 or later

-iMac introduced in 2012 or later

-iMac Pro (all models)

-Mac Pro introduced in 2013, plus mid-2010 or mid-2012 models     with a recommended Metal-capable graphics card."

How to upgrade to macOS Mojave

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

Best regards.

iTunes 12.8.2.3 on High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.