Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

delete messages across devices

When I delete text messages on "Messages" or on "Messenger", on one Apple device, such as my iPhone, they do not delete from my other devices, such as my iPad or my iPro. What a pain! Is there a way to sync the deletions? All the messages go to all the devices, so they must be communicating somehow. I would appreciate any help for this frustration. Sincerely, Nancie

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 20, 2020 4:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2020 4:55 PM

Hi Nancie,

Is iCloud turned ON for Messages on your devices? Are all your devices signed on the same Apple ID?

Here is how to turn on iCloud for Messages Keep all your messages in iCloud - Apple Support The messages will be in sync once you have ensured that iCloud is turned on your devices.

Hope that helps.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2020 4:55 PM in response to GrancieNancie

Hi Nancie,

Is iCloud turned ON for Messages on your devices? Are all your devices signed on the same Apple ID?

Here is how to turn on iCloud for Messages Keep all your messages in iCloud - Apple Support The messages will be in sync once you have ensured that iCloud is turned on your devices.

Hope that helps.

Axel F.

delete messages across devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.