Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook air won’t update?

How do i get my macbook air to update? i’ve tried updating multiple times and it will not finish the update.. i’m getting aggravated because i do my college work online and the computer is starting to go slow... someone help!!

MacBook Air 11", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 20, 2020 6:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2020 6:45 PM

First, get a backup. Complete and current. Preserve your data, on the off chance this is a corruption or a hardware problem.

Try booting into Safe Mode, and see if the update (minor charges) or upgrade (big changes) works.

Then... remove any add-on anti-malware or anti-virus, add-on cleaners, add-on VPN clients, add-on firewalls, etc., and try again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2020 6:45 PM in response to tierra296

First, get a backup. Complete and current. Preserve your data, on the off chance this is a corruption or a hardware problem.

Try booting into Safe Mode, and see if the update (minor charges) or upgrade (big changes) works.

Then... remove any add-on anti-malware or anti-virus, add-on cleaners, add-on VPN clients, add-on firewalls, etc., and try again.

Macbook air won’t update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.