Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem using 2 Keyboard languages in iOS13

iOS 13 introduced a bug when using multiple keyboard languages. For example, on my iPhone 8+ with my keyboard set to Portuguese, I can create a new Note and begin dictating in Portuguese. Siri recognizes the Portuguese just fine. I can stop editing and then start up editing again (with my keyboard still in Portuguese) and begin dictating in Portuguese. However, instead of typing in Portuguese, Siri interprets my Portuguese words into non-sensical English words. I check to see if the keyboard is still in Portuguese. It is. I change the keyboard to English and back to Portuguese and begin dictating in Portuguese. Siri recognizes what I am saying in Portuguese. This also happens when switching to the Spanish keyboard. It also happens on my 2016 iPad Pro. Both my iPhone and iPad are on iOS 13.3. This bug has occurred from the very first version of iOS 13. I know that others are having this problem as I saw it reported in this forum

Posted on Jan 20, 2020 6:55 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jan 21, 2020 11:10 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

I didn't know you could change the dictation language independently of the typing language. Pre iOS13, pressing the keyboard changed both the dictation language and the typing language. With iOS13, I think there is some new AI in place listening to determine what the spoken language is. So, if I set the keyboard language to English and start speaking Portuguese, it starts trying to recognize what I'm saying as if it was English... then when it has trouble recognizing anything, it thinks again and starts to recognize the Portuguese properly - even though I did not change the dictation language to Portuguese. Thanks for your explanation.

Problem using 2 Keyboard languages in iOS13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.