Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie for Mac - Disk Full Error

I have a brand new iMac. I'm trying to import media (a video I took on my iPhone) and am receiving the message "There is not enough disk space available at the selected destination. Please choose another one or clear some space."

I am perplexed by this as there is nothing in iMovie yet. Please help!

Posted on Jan 21, 2020 6:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2020 6:52 PM

It can easily be cured be redownloading iMovie. Drag your iMovie app from the applications folder into the trash, but don’t empty the trash. Then sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases, including iMovie. Redownload iMovie from there. If the download is not available then drag your old iMovie app out of the trash and back into the applications folder. However, it should be available and when it downloads the “not enough disk space” will be resolved.

— Rich

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2020 6:52 PM in response to Valeyne

It can easily be cured be redownloading iMovie. Drag your iMovie app from the applications folder into the trash, but don’t empty the trash. Then sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases, including iMovie. Redownload iMovie from there. If the download is not available then drag your old iMovie app out of the trash and back into the applications folder. However, it should be available and when it downloads the “not enough disk space” will be resolved.

— Rich

iMovie for Mac - Disk Full Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.