Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Files Sync Stuck

The sync of my iCloud files in Finder is stuck.

For days it states it is uploading X files of X MB.

Anyone know how to solve it?

Posted on Jan 22, 2020 4:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2020 9:34 AM

Hi, Harrie!

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. I see that you are having trouble with your iCloud syncing with your Mac. I'm happy to help!

Based on what you've described, I'd suggest going through the following steps to troubleshoot:

1. Make sure you are not low on iCloud storage: Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support.
  2. Relaunch finder: How to force an app to quit on your Mac - Apple Support.
  3. Restart your Mac: How to turn your Mac on or off - Apple Support.
  4. See if the sync works in safe mode: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support.
  5. See if you're able to sync in a new, test user: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support.

Cheers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2020 9:34 AM in response to harriedeurloo

Hi, Harrie!

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. I see that you are having trouble with your iCloud syncing with your Mac. I'm happy to help!

Based on what you've described, I'd suggest going through the following steps to troubleshoot:

1. Make sure you are not low on iCloud storage: Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support.
  2. Relaunch finder: How to force an app to quit on your Mac - Apple Support.
  3. Restart your Mac: How to turn your Mac on or off - Apple Support.
  4. See if the sync works in safe mode: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support.
  5. See if you're able to sync in a new, test user: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support.

Cheers.

Mar 2, 2020 12:03 PM in response to Teddy_B

Hi there, it seems many users are having iCloud issues after updating to Catalina. I have tried all of the above steps, as well as trying them during a call with Apple Support directly, where eventually I was transferred to a senior tech advisor with Apple. After three hours on the phone on Friday, we gave up, and the advisor was supposed to call me back today (Monday) at 10am - however nobody has called me.

Why is my iCloud not working or syncing? How can this get resolved as soon as possible? Thank you.

iCloud Files Sync Stuck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.