Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Text Apple Watch Notification Conundrum

So there has been this issue, and it’s hard to really find due to the ambiguity of the annoying feature. However, when you have an Apple Watch paired to your iPhone and the iPhone is locked, by design the iPhone won’t notify you of a received text just your watch. There is no setting to adjust this, and it has recently been causing me to miss messages. I’ll use this as the example, at work I will charge my watch in my office and have my phone in my pocket. No matter if it is on vibrate or loud I won’t receive a notification to my phone for a text due to my watch being paired and charging. This is a huge issue, and I love my watch phone pairing, but this has to have an update to allow it to go to both. Phone calls have no issues, so why is there an issue with the messages notifying my phone and watch?

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 22, 2020 8:10 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jan 22, 2020 11:06 AM in response to deggie

I follow, and it’s absurd personally, that doesn’t help when my watch is charging and not on my wrist and I get a message. It causes me at that point to miss said message, and is inconvenient. Also is why I said is by design, I feel whoever developed this “design” didn’t think it through. It’s a feature that shouldn’t be hard to send an update and resolve to the point of turning on notifications to go to watch and iPhone when phone is locked.

iPhone Text Apple Watch Notification Conundrum

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.