Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

forgot restrictions passcode on iphone

I have a monitoring app on my daughter's iphone which required me to set up a 6 digit screen time restrictions passcode. I can't remember what it is. We are selling her old iphone and it is asking for that passcode so that the phone can be cleared. I cannot restore her phone from itunes because when I connect to itunes sync is not an available option for her phone (it is grayed out and you can't click on it). When I open settings on her phone I can't even click on her name at the top to get to icloud. Any suggestions?

iPhone X

Posted on Jan 22, 2020 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2020 10:52 AM

You will need to restore the iPhone using recovery mode. The directions can be found here: If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

-AJ

Similar questions

4 replies

Jan 23, 2020 7:41 AM in response to kdm1974

"Remove your passcode

If you backed up your device, you can restore your data and settings after restoring your device. If you never backed up your device before you forgot your passcode, you won't be able to save the data on your device. 

1. You need a computer to follow these steps. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.
  2. Make sure that your device isn't connected to your computer, then choose your device below and follow the steps:

• iPhone X or later, and iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus: Press and hold the Side button and one of the volume buttons until the power off slider appears. Drag the slider to turn off your device. Connect your device to your computer while holding the Side button. Keep holding the Side button until you see the recovery mode screen.

3.Locate your device on your computer. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore. Finder or iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2-4.

4.Wait for the process to finish. Then you can set up and use your device.

Also, see this before selling your phone: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

-AJ

forgot restrictions passcode on iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.