Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't get my gmail emails to come through after catalina change how do I change I went to preferences in mail and can't figure it out

Since catalina, I'm unable to get my gmail emails to download on my iMac they come through on my iPad but not iMac.

I checked preferences and can't see any problem there my email is listed but for games and then just for google

I did have problems as I didn't sign off on the iCloud required signing when catalina happened. and went to Apple support which couldn't get it corrected.

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 22, 2020 3:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2020 9:10 PM

The google SMTP was going around and around; the rest were fine.

Now after awhile it is fine with a green dot next to it.

Thank you. Now I know about the connection doctor.

I had also had clicked a word “account offline” way over on the right side, just above the mail grouping and it came back online; i did this earlier.

Blessings.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2020 9:10 PM in response to BDAqua

The google SMTP was going around and around; the rest were fine.

Now after awhile it is fine with a green dot next to it.

Thank you. Now I know about the connection doctor.

I had also had clicked a word “account offline” way over on the right side, just above the mail grouping and it came back online; i did this earlier.

Blessings.

I can't get my gmail emails to come through after catalina change how do I change I went to preferences in mail and can't figure it out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.