Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro stuck in "Setting up Your Mac"

After being stuck on “setting up your Mac” screen, I powered the machine off—as seen in many fix recommendations. After turning the machine back on, it returned to the macOS Utilities screen. Can anyone advise if I should continue with the set-up process again or of a different solution?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.12

Posted on Jan 22, 2020 7:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2020 2:07 PM

Hi conner244,

Have you taken a look at the article, If your Mac is stuck on the 'Setting Up Your Mac' screen?

If you can't get your machine to boot to an operating system, what you can do is click Reinstall MacOS on the MacOS Utilities screen to reinstall the operating system. If you have data on the drive it will not be touched if you reinstall the operating system.

I hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2020 2:07 PM in response to conner244

Hi conner244,

Have you taken a look at the article, If your Mac is stuck on the 'Setting Up Your Mac' screen?

If you can't get your machine to boot to an operating system, what you can do is click Reinstall MacOS on the MacOS Utilities screen to reinstall the operating system. If you have data on the drive it will not be touched if you reinstall the operating system.

I hope this helps.

MacBook Pro stuck in "Setting up Your Mac"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.