Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Folder icon problem

Hi, I installed a third-party software app on my wife's MacBook Air to allow her to view her embroidery design files as icons. It worked fine, even with the first versions of Catalina, until the 15.2 update, after which it no longer worked at all. I was astonished to find that this is a generic Catalina problem and not one with the particular software. Anyone have any idea when Apple is going to fix this? This is a serious and fundamental issue, not one that Apple should ignore.

MacBook

Posted on Jan 23, 2020 5:37 AM

Similar questions

9 replies

Jan 23, 2020 6:07 AM in response to dialabrain

The app is the Thumbnailer from Embrilliance. It's a Finder plug-in (sorry if I get the lingo wrong, I'm a former Windows guy) that displays embroidery files as icons so you don't have to go searching in a pdf or a catalog to figure out what a meaningless file name actually contains. It's very convenient if you happen to have an embroidering sewing machine and hundreds of designs.

OK. I'm getting complete reinstall instructions from Embrilliance. Evidently you have to really clean a lot of things out to get a real clean reinstall. I'll tell you how it goes.

Folder icon problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.