Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPadOS 13.3 Update Fails

Updates failing... I've tried both methods of updating... both

Wifi: Software Update Failed: An error occurred downloading iPadOS 13.3

iTunes (Win10): There was a problem downloading the software for the iPad "XXXX". You do not have permission to access the requested resource.

I don't see any "updates" to remove/retry

I have plenty of storage (67GB of 128GB) used

Currently running:

iPad: 12.3.1 - Model: MP2H2LL/A iPad (5th Generation)

iTunes: 12.10.3

iPad, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 23, 2020 3:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 27, 2020 10:36 AM in response to 4rrhen

We have been seeing (and continue to see) a large number of users reporting issues of device updates - both over-the-air (OTA) and via iTunes. In most reported cases, the device or iTunes appears unable to contact Apple’s update servers. Whilst it is reported that Apple are aware of the issue, no official acknowledgement (or denial) has been widely communicated through expected channels.

I suggest that it may be worthwhile to manually over-ride the automatic DNS settings on your device - and instead manually select one of the following recursive DNS providers - restart your device, then retry the update.

You can change your DNS settings here:

Settings > WiFi > [Your Network] - touch the “i” icon, then select Configure DNS > Manual and add/replace the existing entries with either of these Recursive DNS providers - both of which are trusted and highly reliable.

Quad9

Primary 9.9.9.9

Secondary 149.112.112.112

OpenDNS

Primary 208.67.222.222

Secondary 208.67.220.220

If the issue you are experiencing is occurring because of bad DNS, this change should be successful in resolving the problem.

iPadOS 13.3 Update Fails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.