Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Water in Iphone 11 pro

Hi.

After a swim of 20 min. my Iphone 11 pro has very bad sound from speakers so i have to switch to "big speaker" to have a conversation. I also can't charge because of water. How long is the unit to dry? Is the IPhone damaged in the speaker or will it be ok after drying?

kind regards

Bo

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 23, 2020 5:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2020 6:06 PM

You really, really should not swim with your iPhone the water resistance is not there so you can intentionally make it wet it's there to help protect it if you are unlucky

It might have taken permanent damage.

But you should let it dry and see what happens

This article explains more about the water resistance of iPhones how you shuld dry it, and what do do if the speaker sound is muffled

About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2020 6:06 PM in response to pjuske104

You really, really should not swim with your iPhone the water resistance is not there so you can intentionally make it wet it's there to help protect it if you are unlucky

It might have taken permanent damage.

But you should let it dry and see what happens

This article explains more about the water resistance of iPhones how you shuld dry it, and what do do if the speaker sound is muffled

About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later - Apple Support

Jan 23, 2020 6:05 PM in response to pjuske104

I can't even imagine what possessed to go for a swim with your phone. But since you did, you have likely destroyed the phone and water damage is NOT covered under iPhone warranty. iPhone is water resistant NOT WATERPROOF.

Schedule an appointment at your Apple Store Genius Bar. There is a sensor in the phone which will show it was submerged in water, so they won't replace it for free. If you have AppleCare+ you can use one of your two replacements at reduced charge. If you don't have AppleCare+, you will be offered an out of warranty replacement at much higher cost.

Jan 23, 2020 6:33 PM in response to pjuske104

It should be understood that water resistant does NOT mean waterproof and the paragraph you quoted explains it was tested in a laboratory setting under controlled conditions. You should NOT have gone for a swim with your phone and Apple warranty specifically says water damage is NOT covered. Since you went for a swim with your phone, you have NO warranty and will have to pay for a replacement device. Apple won't make any exceptions to this to anyone.

Water in Iphone 11 pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.