Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Small camera on bottom of lock screen allows quick access to my camera.

iPhone XR constantly opens phone to camera.

why does my iPhone XR have camera on bottom of lock screen.

Posted on Jan 24, 2020 4:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2020 3:54 AM

Your phone is still secure with the camera icon on the lock screen. If you open the camera from there, you will only have access to the camera. You will not be able to access any other apps on the phone.

4 replies

Jan 24, 2020 7:13 PM in response to kb1951

But is not my iPhone less secure. Once I disabled my camera on lock screen, I no longer had access to camera app. I love everything Apple for past seven years. I cannot believe that I cannot figure this out. Is there anyway to keep phone locked and have Apple camera app to use. I know I can purchase camera app, however , I really prefer to use apples app.

since screen time appeared in iOS 12, I really have not needed it. I know only pictures can be taken, but I really do not care to have someone use my camera app. Possibly another person cannot access my personal info, but it seems like I am opening up my phone to another person. Hopefully there is a work around for my concern.

Jan 25, 2020 7:41 AM in response to Charliefrom2020

Charliefrom2020 wrote:
I know only pictures can be taken, but I really do not care to have someone use my camera app. Possibly another person cannot access my personal info, but it seems like I am opening up my phone to another person. Hopefully there is a work around for my concern.

Don't leave your phone lying around where someone else can pick it up.

Small camera on bottom of lock screen allows quick access to my camera.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.