Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers - How do I add a value to multiple cells in a column

OK, so I buy in lots of different products and have a list of products with their value to me in a column (example in column D)

I would like to be able to add a fixed amount to each product for example add £0.22 to each item.

I could easily do this in Excel (before Catalina upgrade) by adding an amount to a cell lower down - example 0.22 - copying the amount

then selecting the column with all the prices then select paste special - then add values ...

this automatically changed all selected values ... example

£0.66 - changed to £0.88

£0.56 - changed to £0.78

£0.46 - changed to £0.68

Often I get 50+ products and could change all 50 values in seconds.

I would like to try Numbers for Mac - as I don't want to be forced into subscribing to Microsoft Office

Thanks in advance

iMac Pro

Posted on Jan 25, 2020 1:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2020 5:33 AM

create an extra column

In the new column "Revised Price" enter the formula as shown:

select cell B2, then type (or copy and paste from here) the formula

=A2+0.22

select cell B2, copy

select column B by:

1) clicking the column header B, then unselect the first cell in column B by holding the <command> key and single click cell B1 OR

2) select cell B2, then hold the shift key and type the key combination <command> + <down arrow>

copy

select column A by:

1) select column A, then unselect the first cell, OR

2) select cell A2, then hold the shift key and type the key combination <command> + <down arrow>

paste using the menu item "Edit > Paste Formula Result" or use the key <command> + <shift> + v

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2020 5:33 AM in response to Gavmeo

create an extra column

In the new column "Revised Price" enter the formula as shown:

select cell B2, then type (or copy and paste from here) the formula

=A2+0.22

select cell B2, copy

select column B by:

1) clicking the column header B, then unselect the first cell in column B by holding the <command> key and single click cell B1 OR

2) select cell B2, then hold the shift key and type the key combination <command> + <down arrow>

copy

select column A by:

1) select column A, then unselect the first cell, OR

2) select cell A2, then hold the shift key and type the key combination <command> + <down arrow>

paste using the menu item "Edit > Paste Formula Result" or use the key <command> + <shift> + v

Numbers - How do I add a value to multiple cells in a column

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.