Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow Motion Video Setting

What is the point to having slow motion setting if the original video won't play as slow as the original? I film birds in slow motion and wanted to make a movie of two of my slow motion sequences. I also wanted to put it to music. But once the footage is uploaded to iMovie, or even Youtube the video seems to play faster than a movie that was not filmed in slow motion. And even if you adjust the speed it's still not the same as the original. So why did you people invent this option on the phone if you can't use the footage in any capacity other than to take up storage space on your phone? I have always been a devout Apple product user, because of the software always being so user friendly. But over time with every creative project you keep making updates, changes, whatever. And now something that should be simple now has to be so complicated. I can't even play old imovie projects because you updated the app. So I lost 80% of what I had. Stop fixing crap that isn't broken!!! P.S. This form on here asking me what device this is about..... It's about my phone, my macbook, ios, imovie - ALL OF IT. I only clicked on one because you won't let me click on all. Which is stupid.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 11

Posted on Jan 25, 2020 6:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2020 9:22 AM

Drag your clip into the project timeline and control-click on the clip and, from the drop down menu that appears, select Show Speed Editor to reveal a speed adjustment handle in the upper right hand corner of the clip. Put your cursor on the speed handle and, while pressing down, drag it out to the right as far as you want. The farther you drag it, the slower the clip will play. You can get it so that it is barely moving. Clips shot in higher frame rates, such as 60 fps, are more smoothly adjustable for slow mo at very slow speeds.

-- Rich

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2020 9:22 AM in response to birdnerd7

Drag your clip into the project timeline and control-click on the clip and, from the drop down menu that appears, select Show Speed Editor to reveal a speed adjustment handle in the upper right hand corner of the clip. Put your cursor on the speed handle and, while pressing down, drag it out to the right as far as you want. The farther you drag it, the slower the clip will play. You can get it so that it is barely moving. Clips shot in higher frame rates, such as 60 fps, are more smoothly adjustable for slow mo at very slow speeds.

-- Rich

Jan 25, 2020 12:25 PM in response to Rich839

Adding to my previous post, I did a test by shooting a slow motion clip on my iPhone 6s and transferring it to my Mac with AirDrop. I then dragged it into the timeline of an iMovie project. It played in slow motion just fine, exactly as shot on the iPhone. The first 3 seconds of any slow motion clip will play in regular time, but afterwards it is in slow motion. That's how it's designed to work.

AirDrop preserves the original settings. Did you use AirDrop or import it by another means? If you use another means, try AirDrop and see if it makes a difference.

-- Rich

Slow Motion Video Setting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.