Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are Bing photos saved on iPhone iOS 13.3?

I have an iPhone XR running iOS 13.3.

When I search for photos with the Bing app, once I find what I want, I can "Save Image" thru the share arrow icon in the upper right of the photo.

But when I save the image it does not go to my Photos camera roll library.

So...where does that saved image go in my iPhone?

Thanks

iPhone XR

Posted on Jan 26, 2020 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 10:22 AM

Steve Panther,

Thanks for you reply and update on the issue.

To confirm, are you able to save images into Photos when using any other application, such as another third-party search app, or when you navigate to a search engine via Safari? This can help isolate if the behavior only occurs within your Bing app.

If the behavior is present only when using your Bing app, let's check your privacy settings to see if this app has access to your Photos app: Change app access to private data on iPhone - Apple Support. Navigate to Settings > Privacy > Photos. Look to see if your app is listed, and if so, in order for your Bing app to save images to your Photos app, you would need to allow it access here.

Keep me posted.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2020 10:22 AM in response to Steve Panther

Steve Panther,

Thanks for you reply and update on the issue.

To confirm, are you able to save images into Photos when using any other application, such as another third-party search app, or when you navigate to a search engine via Safari? This can help isolate if the behavior only occurs within your Bing app.

If the behavior is present only when using your Bing app, let's check your privacy settings to see if this app has access to your Photos app: Change app access to private data on iPhone - Apple Support. Navigate to Settings > Privacy > Photos. Look to see if your app is listed, and if so, in order for your Bing app to save images to your Photos app, you would need to allow it access here.

Keep me posted.

Jan 29, 2020 1:35 PM in response to Steve Panther

Hi Steve Panther,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you are saving images from within Bing, but you are not seeing the saved images within your Photos app on your iPhone. I'd like to help.

To confirm, are you using an installed Bing application such as ‎Microsoft Bing Search on the App Store? Or, are you opening your Safari browser and navigating to Bing.com then viewing and saving images from there?

If you are using the Microsoft Bing Search app mentioned above, it looks like when you save an image or video, it may be getting stored in your 'My saves' on your Bing profile. Read more about this here: Find and save for later – with Bing | Bing Blog - CA, and Bing - My saves. If you have more questions related to the use of your Bing app, you'll want to reach out to the app developer for more support: Bing Help.

If you want to save an image to your Photos app on your iPhone, you might be able to long-press over an image, and choose the option to 'Add to Photos' instead. I've tested this on my personal device to confirm the option.

Best regards.

Jan 29, 2020 2:26 PM in response to jeremy_v

Thank you for your reply but your instructions or suggestions do not work.

I am using an iPhone XR running iOS 13.3.

I am searching thru the dedicated Bing app that I downloaded from the Apple App store.

When I search for an image thru this Bing app search I can not save a photo that I find.

Long-press on the image, at one time, DID give me the option to save that photo to the iPhone Photos app.

But that long-press effort does not work anymore.

The other option is to hit the share arrow icon on the Bing app, which gives me the chance to Copy,

Add to Reading List, Save Image, Assign to Contact, Print. But if I click on Save Image the photo is then

nowhere to be found.

There is no "My Saves" button under my profile. And, yes, I am signed into Bing.

Under my profile there is: my account, bookmarks, search history, rewards, settings and feedback.

But no, "My Saves".

I checked under Setting but there is no "My Saves" there either,

Do you have any other suggestions on where I should look to find these saved photos?

Thanks

Where are Bing photos saved on iPhone iOS 13.3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.