Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incorrect Smart Keyboard mapping with @ and “

So I have a Smart Keyboard that’s Spanish. In General -> Keyboards -> Hardware Keyboard I have it set to British English (UK), but when I try to type a quotation mark (“) it comes out as the at sign (@). This isn’t correct for a British English layout. What’s going on? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Before anyone says it, yes it is 100% absolutely set to British English, not American English. The £ is in the correct place, and all other characters also seem to be.

iPad Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 26, 2020 12:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2020 3:33 PM

LittleDuckAlex wrote:

Do you actually see a British - PC option? Because I don't have one.

You are right, I keep forgetting that Apple has failed to include that one. Which is kind of dumb considering all the others they will let you pick. If by chance you want it, let them know via

http://www.apple.com/feedback

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2020 3:33 PM in response to LittleDuckAlex

LittleDuckAlex wrote:

Do you actually see a British - PC option? Because I don't have one.

You are right, I keep forgetting that Apple has failed to include that one. Which is kind of dumb considering all the others they will let you pick. If by chance you want it, let them know via

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Jan 26, 2020 1:57 PM in response to LittleDuckAlex

Go to the Hardware Keyboards area and tap over at the right edge so you can choose what layout you want . Do not choose "automatic", but instead choose "British" if you want @ on Shift 2. If you want " on Shift 2, then choose "British PC".

(The place where it says "English (uk)" really only refers to spellcheck. The layout is set over at the right edge.)

Incorrect Smart Keyboard mapping with @ and “

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.