Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad Pro Is there personal data on RAM?

I sold my first edition IPad Pro on EBay. It was totally dead and deemed non repairable by Apple as it got fried by an electrical surge while I was in Portugal - a common problem there. I assumed it was safe to sell it, but that wasn’t too smart as I was a software engineer and I know how things could potentially be, but being the moron I am, I sold it for parts.

The buyer returned the Ipad to me stating it was still connected to my Apple cloud account. How he knew that or why it would be an issue with a device sold for parts I don’t know but I was in the hospital at the time and just let him send it back.

Since then, I’ve been hacked big time - my bank accounts first and now PayPal. Transactions are going through my Paypal account on Uber. I’ve never used Uber and it happened last night in Florida, a place I have not been in 30 years. Both of my bank accounts were hacked, first one and now the other.

Bottom line: Does ANYBODY know if a user’s personal info is stored in RAM on IPad Pro? Are there removable RAM chips on the circuit board?

i have never had anything like this happen because I generally know how to keep it from happening. I’ve clearly made an error but I cannot come up with any other way this could have happened. When my first account got hacked I was immediately suspicious and went to the local Apple store where they said they did not think this was possible, but they were unsure. I think I know more than the folks there though.

iPad Pro, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 26, 2020 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2020 1:24 PM

RAM does not contain any information.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Similar questions

8 replies

IPad Pro Is there personal data on RAM?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.