Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i export 8k 360 3D stereographic video in h.264 codec with FCPX?

How can i export 8k (7680 x 7680 pixel) stereographic 3D video with FCPX in H.264 codec?

I can do it as ProRes but files are ten times the size - 30Gb for one minute footage.

When i try exporting h.264, i get the error ""Frame size settings in the output exceeds the allowable dimensions of h.264 format."

I know 8k 3d stereo 360 is non standard h.264 codec size but the original was created in Insta360 Pro 2 Stitcher software - so it can be done.

I tried Hybrid Video encoder but no longer supported by Mac.

Any suggestions - other than Adobe Premiere?! :)

Big thanks !

Mac Pro, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 26, 2020 2:51 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jan 26, 2020 3:44 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thanks Tom ...

I'm no expert, so I've tried to look into this and h.264 does actually support 8k 3d, it's just a non

standard format and it seems FCPX doesn't support it. It'll import but not export.

This was an interesting read - but sadly Hybrid app no longer supported by Mac. :(

https://www.mysterybox.us/blog/2017/2/21/delivering-8k-using-avch264

How can i export 8k 360 3D stereographic video in h.264 codec with FCPX?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.