Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is there any possible way to download my photos and gather any data if my iphone is completely dead and cannot be charged

I have an iphone 7 plus, ever since i cracked the home button the battery would play up and now its completely dead, the phone will not charge it will only ever show a black screen indicating to put it on charge, but when i do nothing happens except for the home button overheating and it stays completely dead, I want to know is there any possible way for me to access my photos or any data at all if the phone doesnt turn on at all. i have taken the phone to be repaiered numerous times, when I'd take the phone to a repair shop they advised me to take it to an apple store, the worker at apple said the phone isnt repairbale

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 2:59 AM

2 replies

Jan 27, 2020 7:50 AM in response to selma273

In that condition Apple isn't likely to recommend anything other than a replacement, which won't solve your issue.

Most devices can be repaired unless they're totally destroyed, but you would need to find the right shop to do it. It could also be in such shape that any repair would be temporary. I can't give you a specific recommendation, but there are some businesses that don't charge unless data is recovered. I generally wouldn't recommend DriveSavers though.

Where approximately are you located. Again - I can't give specific business names, but maybe a hint.

is there any possible way to download my photos and gather any data if my iphone is completely dead and cannot be charged

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.