Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

please help me restore photos and videos from Iphone 12 mini

I'm from Russia, I have an

iphone 12 mini (256 Gb). There was no reason for the breakdown, but the phone

stopped turning on. There was a flashing picture on the screen, an unusual

sound, after that the phone turned off. The phone does not turn on now.  There is no backup copy of the data, I did not

save copies in icloud. An iOS update was performed using iTunes with data

saved. But the iPhone still doesn’t turn on. There is a permanent apple on the

screen. The service center offers only to restore the IOS without saving

data. I assume that this is a breakdown of the device, and not the IOS. The

phone is under warranty. Who can help me?

Best Regards, Elena Blinova

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 6, 2022 11:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2022 12:10 PM

If you are seeing the Apple logo stuck on the screen, then the only way to get the device working again is to restore it, which will wipe all data. This is why it is so important to have regular backups and iCloud gives you the ability to create an unattended backup on a daily basis with wi-fi and plugging the device in after the initial configuration. See this about trying to get your device into Recovery Mode to be able to restore it. If you can't update or restore your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support Again, without a backup you will lose your data, and since it is locked with the Apple logo, there is no way for you to back it up now.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2022 12:10 PM in response to ElenaBlinova

If you are seeing the Apple logo stuck on the screen, then the only way to get the device working again is to restore it, which will wipe all data. This is why it is so important to have regular backups and iCloud gives you the ability to create an unattended backup on a daily basis with wi-fi and plugging the device in after the initial configuration. See this about trying to get your device into Recovery Mode to be able to restore it. If you can't update or restore your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support Again, without a backup you will lose your data, and since it is locked with the Apple logo, there is no way for you to back it up now.

Feb 6, 2022 1:05 PM in response to ElenaBlinova

It doesn't matter if it is a breakdown of the iPhone or the iOS. The fact is that the iOS is frozen and the only way to get past that is to restore the device, which means data will be lost. I'm sorry, but as you have been told more that once, your lack of a backup plan has put you in a position to loose data. It is difficult to learn the hard way, but you have put yourself into this position.

please help me restore photos and videos from Iphone 12 mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.