Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

blinking folder only on startup

Mac mini appears to not be able to find my hard drive. I keep getting the blinking folder ? mark. I have tried all the command r, .... and even starting up with just the D for diagnostics and nothing changes. What should I do now?

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 12:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 10:19 AM

The blinking ? is an indication that the computer cannot find the hard drive or a bootable operating system. The fact that Command R isn't working is troubling. Try Command Option R - that is for performing an Internet recovery. For this to work, of course, you'll need access to WiFi or an Ethernet connection. If this doesn't work you'll need to take the computer to an authorized service center.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2020 10:19 AM in response to vincentfromzachary

The blinking ? is an indication that the computer cannot find the hard drive or a bootable operating system. The fact that Command R isn't working is troubling. Try Command Option R - that is for performing an Internet recovery. For this to work, of course, you'll need access to WiFi or an Ethernet connection. If this doesn't work you'll need to take the computer to an authorized service center.

blinking folder only on startup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.