Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages, imessage

Apparently I’m the rare bird with an IPAD AIR and an Android Pixel 4.

I have a friend who is an IPhone user whose messages I have not been receiving on my phone.

it turns out I have been receiving them on my IPAD messages through my email address since the device doesn’t have cell service. He is then notified I have received the message.

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 2:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 2:37 PM

Yes, that is standard behavior.

If your friend is using your email / Apple ID to message you from an iOS device, it will send it through iMessage, and would only be received on your iPad.

Your friend would need to maker sure he is messaging your phone number so its sent as a green SMS to your Android device, rather than a blue iMessage to your iPad.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2020 2:37 PM in response to Dkmooty

Yes, that is standard behavior.

If your friend is using your email / Apple ID to message you from an iOS device, it will send it through iMessage, and would only be received on your iPad.

Your friend would need to maker sure he is messaging your phone number so its sent as a green SMS to your Android device, rather than a blue iMessage to your iPad.

Messages, imessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.