Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage to android with random person respond

My friends phone number is on an android and every time I text them it goes in as a iMessage and they can’t see it he inquired with T-Mobile and they said the last person with the phone number had an iPhone OK well today we were messaging and I was sending him through iMessage and requesting to send in text. When a random person started messaging back with iMessage spamming in on the conversation? What’s going on why would this be happening is this possible that either the email is hacked or the phone number through Apple? How do we stop it Without having to change the phone number or just for added security so this doesn’t happen again my friend really wants to get an iPhone but is afraid this person will be on their iMessage as well.

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 11:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 11:33 PM

Please ask your friend to follow the de-registration of the iMessage process given below

If they have the SIM in the Android then the GIF below will give you the entire process. You may deregister iMessage online

Watch the GIF below. Here I have used another iPhone for the demo but for you.

2 replies

iMessage to android with random person respond

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.