Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch ID not working

I wonder if there are other people that are having this issue.

I think, ever since I upgraded to catalina, my touch ID does not work. I set it up and then when I wake up my macbook pro the next day then the touch ID configuration is gone or deleted and I have to enrol again.

This is very frustrating. Anyone else had/have this issue?

Thanx

Regards

Richard

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 12:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 12:58 PM

Hey there dracosveen,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re having issues with Touch ID on your Mac. I’ll be happy to help.

Have you tried restarting or taken any other steps for this? If not, start by powering your Mac off and back on:

How to turn your Mac on or off

If the issue continues, do an SMC and NVRAM reset on your Mac and test again:

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

Also, test this in a new user account as well and see if the issue continues there. This can further isolate the cause of this:

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Let me know if these steps help.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2020 12:58 PM in response to dracosveen

Hey there dracosveen,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re having issues with Touch ID on your Mac. I’ll be happy to help.

Have you tried restarting or taken any other steps for this? If not, start by powering your Mac off and back on:

How to turn your Mac on or off

If the issue continues, do an SMC and NVRAM reset on your Mac and test again:

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

Also, test this in a new user account as well and see if the issue continues there. This can further isolate the cause of this:

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Let me know if these steps help.

Touch ID not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.