Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch and data

I wish to get an Apple Watch for my girlfriend. I'm unsure wether to get the gps version or cellular version. can I answer calls and texts with a gps watch when the watch is connected to the phone or does the watch need to be directly connected to a wifi source?

Apple Watch

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 3:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 6:04 AM

An iPhone 6s, SE, 7 or newer is required.

The Apple Watch GPS only can do  Everything  the cellular model can do  as long as  your iPhone is nearby, where nearby is somewhere in the same 3-4 bedroom home (assuming typical wood frame construction).

A Cellular model will share the iPhone's phone number, and carriers that support the Apple Watch will charge a monthly fee. In the U.S. the fee is $10 per month added to the iPhone bill.

iPhone Cellular Carriers that support the Apple Watch, which models, the radio frequencies each model uses, and the country where they offer service:

https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2020 6:04 AM in response to cdaly11

An iPhone 6s, SE, 7 or newer is required.

The Apple Watch GPS only can do  Everything  the cellular model can do  as long as  your iPhone is nearby, where nearby is somewhere in the same 3-4 bedroom home (assuming typical wood frame construction).

A Cellular model will share the iPhone's phone number, and carriers that support the Apple Watch will charge a monthly fee. In the U.S. the fee is $10 per month added to the iPhone bill.

iPhone Cellular Carriers that support the Apple Watch, which models, the radio frequencies each model uses, and the country where they offer service:

https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular

Apple Watch and data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.