You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail-Viewing Options

Hello,

In the mail app I'm used to sort by Date/Subject/From very quickly just by clicking on the corresponding header (using column layout view). Since updating to Catalina this isn't available anymore.

Can I bring it back somehow?

Thanks,

MacBook

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 4:35 AM

6 replies

Jan 28, 2020 6:07 AM in response to dialabrain

I don't agree, in the past it was obvious where to click and it was maximum 2 clicks. (if the first click was giving the opposite order of what you wanted you just clicked once more and then you had it.

Now it is minimum 2 clicks, you have to click on "sort by.." then you have to select which one you want, and even if you are only interested in lets say 3 important topics (Subject/Date/From), you have to read the whole thing to understand where you have to click, plus you have to click on the correct order.....So it's rather 3 clicks plus some reading.....Again, I don't like it.

Mail-Viewing Options

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.