Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does it take long to back up my iPad

i have been trying to backup my iPad but it has been taking for ages what do I do?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 3:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 4:28 AM

How are you trying to backup - directly from your device using iCloud - or locally on your PC via iTunes?

How long the backup will take is a function of how much data you need to back-up - and the bandwidth available to do so. Bandwidth, in this context, is either the speed of your internet connection - or the speed of the USB connection to your PC/Mac.

The initial backup to iCloud can typically take some hours over a “fast” (~70 mbps) internet connection - but subsequent backups are incremental - taking only minutes.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2020 4:28 AM in response to 1mariam1

How are you trying to backup - directly from your device using iCloud - or locally on your PC via iTunes?

How long the backup will take is a function of how much data you need to back-up - and the bandwidth available to do so. Bandwidth, in this context, is either the speed of your internet connection - or the speed of the USB connection to your PC/Mac.

The initial backup to iCloud can typically take some hours over a “fast” (~70 mbps) internet connection - but subsequent backups are incremental - taking only minutes.

Does it take long to back up my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.