Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Home Page preference selection greyed out

The Safari Home Page startup preference is greyed out. I have no Safari extensions now, (removed 2), downloaded and ran Malwarebytes, it removed 11 issues. I added a new account to test if the problem exists there as well, it does. I continue with this problem. The Home Page that comes up has the following URL

"http://search.anysearchmanager.com"

Any suggestions on what to do now will be greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 6:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 6:20 AM

To remove the AnySearch Malware, you can check your System Preferences if there is a created Profile. If you don't remember setting up any profiles for your mac, we would advise to remove these created profile. Just click Profiles and it will open the list of configuration then you may delete all of them. After removing all the configuration profile, it will ask you for your password to allow the changes. Then please try to restart your mac. After the restart, check your Safari's preferences if you can now modify its default settings and check if AnySearch still exists.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2020 6:20 AM in response to Tim Trickett

To remove the AnySearch Malware, you can check your System Preferences if there is a created Profile. If you don't remember setting up any profiles for your mac, we would advise to remove these created profile. Just click Profiles and it will open the list of configuration then you may delete all of them. After removing all the configuration profile, it will ask you for your password to allow the changes. Then please try to restart your mac. After the restart, check your Safari's preferences if you can now modify its default settings and check if AnySearch still exists.

Safari Home Page preference selection greyed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.