Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I disable safari?

I want to disable Safari on my daughter's phone (running iOS 12). I can't do it through Screen Time and see no other way to delete or disable it. What good is Screen Time if I can't restrict all the apps on her phone?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 7:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2020 5:05 PM

Last year, my iPhone battery kept draining waaaay too quickly. Brought it to Apple Store, tech guy there showed in battery diagnostics that the Safari app kept being opened (unintentionally by me) when even a quick touch in an email or text message link was done. The Safari app was one big battery drain constantly being opened. He showed me there and then how to disable Safari to stop that from happening, and I was able to delete the Safari app icon from my iPhone screen, too. Now, my iPhone's been updated to latest software, and after having to do a factory restore and then backup from iCloud, the Safari app has reappeared unbidden by me on my screen, and there's no way I can find to get rid of it. HELP! Why in the world is Apple always assuming they know what's best for us, eliminating our ability to choose apps that we want or don't want to appear on our devices?

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2020 5:05 PM in response to aydlaa

Last year, my iPhone battery kept draining waaaay too quickly. Brought it to Apple Store, tech guy there showed in battery diagnostics that the Safari app kept being opened (unintentionally by me) when even a quick touch in an email or text message link was done. The Safari app was one big battery drain constantly being opened. He showed me there and then how to disable Safari to stop that from happening, and I was able to delete the Safari app icon from my iPhone screen, too. Now, my iPhone's been updated to latest software, and after having to do a factory restore and then backup from iCloud, the Safari app has reappeared unbidden by me on my screen, and there's no way I can find to get rid of it. HELP! Why in the world is Apple always assuming they know what's best for us, eliminating our ability to choose apps that we want or don't want to appear on our devices?

How do I disable safari?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.