Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods Serial check

I bought some airpods and I checked the serial number and it says the serial number has been replaced. The dude told me that the airpods are for the apple care thing thats for replacement for people. So are they real?

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2020 12:03 AM

Swapped out is the phrase used when someone has a defective product protected under AppleCare and the defective unit is traded (or swapped) for a new working unit. Now when that message pops up, I’m not sure if it means that the serial number you entered is the OLD defective product that was swapped or if that is the new serial number for the new product on an originally swapped out device. Apple can help with that.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2020 12:03 AM in response to vu280

Swapped out is the phrase used when someone has a defective product protected under AppleCare and the defective unit is traded (or swapped) for a new working unit. Now when that message pops up, I’m not sure if it means that the serial number you entered is the OLD defective product that was swapped or if that is the new serial number for the new product on an originally swapped out device. Apple can help with that.

Airpods Serial check

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.