Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to make multiple versions of one project in imovie

Is it possible to create multiple versions of the same imovie project? I created a movie and havent exported it yet, but eventually would like to export it and show it in a company event. Then I would like to use this same movie and go back in to make edits (like shorten it and use different music). Is there a way to make this alternate version from my original project so I dont have to recreate the whole thing again?

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 9:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 10:24 AM

Yes, it is possible, and easy, to create multiple versions of the same iMovie project.

Open your Projecect Browser screen (the one that displays your projects as icons). Move your cursor over the project title at the bottom of the icon. A circle with dots in it will appear to the right of the title. Click on the circle to display a drop down menu that shows options. "Duplicate Project" will be one of the options. Click on that to duplicate the project. You can make as many duplicates as you want.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2020 10:24 AM in response to aw_bree

Yes, it is possible, and easy, to create multiple versions of the same iMovie project.

Open your Projecect Browser screen (the one that displays your projects as icons). Move your cursor over the project title at the bottom of the icon. A circle with dots in it will appear to the right of the title. Click on the circle to display a drop down menu that shows options. "Duplicate Project" will be one of the options. Click on that to duplicate the project. You can make as many duplicates as you want.

-- Rich

how to make multiple versions of one project in imovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.