Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen of MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013) display has a completely black vertical bar of about 1", how much to repair this/how can i fix it?

The screen of my macbook has a vertical black line where i assume the monitor has gone dead. I tried taking a screenshot, in the screenshot there is no black bar and it shows the full image, so it must be a monitor issue. The issue started after the computer fell in a weird way, could it be an issue with the hinge? The screen is not cracked at all so will i have to replace the display?? Does anyone have a cost estimate? Thank you.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 5:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 6:03 PM

Visit an Apple Store or Authorized Apple Service Center. Let them assess the Mac and advise you how to proceed.

Similar questions

1 reply

Screen of MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013) display has a completely black vertical bar of about 1", how much to repair this/how can i fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.