Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Too many passcode attempts - watch will not reset

I’ve tried everything I can dig up on the internet to fix this issue with nothing working. My watch isn’t paired with my iPhone anymore (don’t know why). Given this, I tried the holding down the lower “power” button until the power slider pops up. I push on the screen firmly to have the “erase all content” button pop up. When I click on this a confirmation screen pops up and I click on the green check button to proceed. The watch then has a spinning wheel pop up, then after a little bit it’s rebooted. BUT the too many passcodes screen still pops up. It’s done this a dozen or so times already.

Anyone got any ideas on how this fix this?

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 6

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 7:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2020 7:40 AM

I’ve got a fix!!

After talking with Apple Support over the phone, they had me try the following and it actually worked...

1) hold down both the crown dial and side button until the Apple logo appears, then release both buttons.

2) count to 4, then hold down just the side button until the “erase all settings” prompt shows up on the screen, then click it, then click the little green check button.

3) let the watch do it’s thing. If thing work like they did on mine, then you’ll have a fully reset watch.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2020 7:40 AM in response to The_Jimmy

I’ve got a fix!!

After talking with Apple Support over the phone, they had me try the following and it actually worked...

1) hold down both the crown dial and side button until the Apple logo appears, then release both buttons.

2) count to 4, then hold down just the side button until the “erase all settings” prompt shows up on the screen, then click it, then click the little green check button.

3) let the watch do it’s thing. If thing work like they did on mine, then you’ll have a fully reset watch.

Too many passcode attempts - watch will not reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.