Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro won’t load right

I have turned on and off the MacBook Pro multiple times but I can’t get it to load past a white screen or even get the password bar to load on to log in. I just tried it again and now I get the cancel of death? It is old, maybe a reboot won’t fix it. But anyhow it’s flashing the cancel thing now. What can I do? If I can fix I would really rather do that then buy a one.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 29, 2020 11:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2020 11:58 AM

alenafrommascoutah wrote:

I have turned on and off the MacBook Pro multiple times but I can’t get it to load past a white screen or even get the password bar to load on to log in. I just tried it again and now I get the cancel of death? It is old, maybe a reboot won’t fix it. But anyhow it’s flashing the cancel thing now. What can I do? If I can fix I would really rather do that then buy a one.
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/5a68ea37-df75-4646-a235-1f1da9ea83f0

A circle with a line or slash through it means that the selected startup disk contains a Mac operating system, but it's not a macOS that your Mac can use. You should reinstall macOS on that disk.

About the screens on your Mac as it starts up - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2020 11:58 AM in response to alenafrommascoutah

alenafrommascoutah wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/5a68ea37-df75-4646-a235-1f1da9ea83f0

A circle with a line or slash through it means that the selected startup disk contains a Mac operating system, but it's not a macOS that your Mac can use. You should reinstall macOS on that disk.

About the screens on your Mac as it starts up - Apple Support

MacBook Pro won’t load right

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.