Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud

I've had this problem for awhile where I clicked the backup button for my contacts within iCloud, but my contacts still are not coming up on my computer. The only contacts that do appear are EXTREMELY outdated. I keep trying to refresh too and nothing works. I also do not know how to get them categorized by first name on the desktop app.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.12

Posted on Jan 29, 2020 7:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 8:42 AM

Have you used the computer's internet browser (e.g., Safari) and logged into iCloud.com and checked the Contacts app there to verify that the contacts are actually in iCloud? The following may also help: If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync - Apple Support

Regarding first name, open the Contacts app, click Preferences in the Contacts menu, click General at the top of the preferences window. Note that there are two separate options -- the "Show First Name" before or following last name controls how the names are displayed, but not how they are sorted. The Sort By option controls the sort order.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2020 8:42 AM in response to krafie8032

Have you used the computer's internet browser (e.g., Safari) and logged into iCloud.com and checked the Contacts app there to verify that the contacts are actually in iCloud? The following may also help: If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync - Apple Support

Regarding first name, open the Contacts app, click Preferences in the Contacts menu, click General at the top of the preferences window. Note that there are two separate options -- the "Show First Name" before or following last name controls how the names are displayed, but not how they are sorted. The Sort By option controls the sort order.

iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.