You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whatsapp Crashing and not opening at all

Hi, I have iphone X. I recently updated whatsapp version to 2.20.11 and IOS to 13.3.1.

Whatsapp is crashing after these updated and not opening at all. I have tried force closing the app, shut down and restarting the phone, rebooting the phone as well. I have deleted Facebook app as well as I read somewhere that it could also lead to whatsapp crashing. Still the app is not opening.

I cant delete ( & reinstall) the app as I am not sure if I have the back up of chat history and don't want to loose it. What if I offload (& reinstall) the app. Will I be able to retain the chat history and how?

Please let me know if there is any solution to repair the app. Thanks.

iPhone X

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 1:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 1:33 AM

WhatsApp is not an Apple product. Contact the app developer here --> App Support

2 replies

Whatsapp Crashing and not opening at all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.