Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone has stopped receiving

Hi,

I'm using Apple Mail. It has worked perfectly in my iPhone until a few weeks ago when I was asked to type in my gmail password. Then my phone stopped receiving and I tried to change my password but that didn't work. Finally I ended up with a screen with a request "Re-enter password" which looked clickable but didn't do anything. The final sentence on the screen offered to "Delete account". I definately don't want to do this because my calendar entries etc would be deleted.

I hope this was clear and I thank you in advance for your suggestions

Nick

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 9:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2020 9:12 AM

Hi MrHoffman

Thank you for your reply

When I again tried the process of getting a new Strong Password slowly and very carefully. This worked! I can only think I was too impatient. There were some changes that were slower than I expected but maybe this was when retrieving my Recovery email

Cheers

Nick

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2020 9:12 AM in response to MrHoffman

Hi MrHoffman

Thank you for your reply

When I again tried the process of getting a new Strong Password slowly and very carefully. This worked! I can only think I was too impatient. There were some changes that were slower than I expected but maybe this was when retrieving my Recovery email

Cheers

Nick

Jan 30, 2020 9:58 AM in response to mypension

There are two passwords for every email account. Two host and port settings. Two connection-security settings. Etc. One set of settings for sending (via SMTP or ESMTP), one for receiving and reading via POP or IMAP). When your password changes, you can need to change the password in both places; on the mail client credentials, and again on the mail server credentials. The mail server credentials are buried under the mail server settings.

If you can’t send or receive emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

My iPhone has stopped receiving

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.