Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail not properly converting/attaching videos to emails

Hi All,

I have been having trouble fixing an issue on one of our office phones. We regularly use this phone to record videos of completed jobs and then they are emailed to the salesperson.

Lately (since the IOS13 update) the phone is having trouble converting & attaching videos to the email messages. The phone will act like it is converting the file and will attach at file, but when it is sent the email is blank on the receiving end.

The file size attached is a lot smaller than normal I've noticed (200-500kb compared to 3-7mb).

I've tried factory resetting the phone and that did not solve the problem.

The only (partial annoying) way I've found is to trim the videos down into 1 minute segments but this hasn't necessary since a past IOS update and we shouldn't have to do this now.

I have been able to send longer video files using a different iPhone running iOS13 so I am baffled at what could be causing the issue. Also there is another similar phone that is used by a different team to send videos and they don't seem to be having this issue (could it be hardware?).

Any help would be appreciated as I am unsure what else to try.

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 10:12 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Feb 2, 2020 9:28 AM in response to DT1217

Hello DT1217,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having trouble sending videos in the iOS Mail app on your iPhone. I also see that resetting the iPhone didn't resolve the issue. I’d love to help, and recommend that you take each step outlined in this support article: 

If you can’t send or receive emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, try sending the videos to another contact and from another email address. These steps help isolate an issue to the recipient's device or to that particular email account.

Kind regards.

Apple Mail not properly converting/attaching videos to emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.