Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No email

I cannot get email on my new iMac Pro. Also I cannot close my computer because email will not close.

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 11:12 AM

If you run the connection doctor within the mail app, what does it say? Use Connection Doctor in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

If you are getting an error that there is something wrong with the server that is being used, you should remove and the re-add your email account. Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Also, force quit the Mail app by clicking on Apple logo in the top left corner of the screen, and selecting force quit from the drop down menu and then selecting the mail app.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2020 11:12 AM in response to ZXCqwe123

If you run the connection doctor within the mail app, what does it say? Use Connection Doctor in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

If you are getting an error that there is something wrong with the server that is being used, you should remove and the re-add your email account. Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Also, force quit the Mail app by clicking on Apple logo in the top left corner of the screen, and selecting force quit from the drop down menu and then selecting the mail app.

No email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.