Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My“Canon IJ Scan Utility2” needs to be updated. How do I do that?

How do I get a fix for my Pixma MX 492 scanner so that it will work with my MacBook Air. I need a fix for my 32 bit scanner.

MacBook Air 11", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 1:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 1:35 PM

A couple of alternatives. First the PIXMA MX-492 is supported by Apple's AirPrint when networked, and would not require Canon drivers or software. Don't install the Canon software below if you decide you want to do Air Print and prefer Canon independence.

Or you visit the Canon support page for this device and under drivers, download the December 2019 CUPS drivers, and then on the Software tab, for Catalina (10.15) you download the Canon IJ Scan Utility v2.37, also released in December 2019.

In either case, follow the instructions in Apple's Reset the Print System… . If it is AirPrint, then when you choose to re-add the printer, select AirPrint. If it is for the second paragraph, then select the Pixma MX 492 device drivers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2020 1:35 PM in response to Cannonpixmar492

A couple of alternatives. First the PIXMA MX-492 is supported by Apple's AirPrint when networked, and would not require Canon drivers or software. Don't install the Canon software below if you decide you want to do Air Print and prefer Canon independence.

Or you visit the Canon support page for this device and under drivers, download the December 2019 CUPS drivers, and then on the Software tab, for Catalina (10.15) you download the Canon IJ Scan Utility v2.37, also released in December 2019.

In either case, follow the instructions in Apple's Reset the Print System… . If it is AirPrint, then when you choose to re-add the printer, select AirPrint. If it is for the second paragraph, then select the Pixma MX 492 device drivers.

My“Canon IJ Scan Utility2” needs to be updated. How do I do that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.